Date and time
Wed, 4 Oct 2023 10:00 – 13:00 IST
3rd Floor, King Inns House, 200 Parnell St., D01A3Y8200 Parnell Street 3rd Floor D01 A3Y8 Dublin 1 IrelandShow map
About this event
The Irish Cancer Prevention Network (ICPN) is hosting an in person event for health and social care professionals called ‘Cancer prevention in action: What we are doing in Ireland?’
Registration is open from 9.30am and the event will commence at 10am sharp.
• The Irish Cancer Prevention Network team – Overview of work of ICPN to date
• Dr Heather Burns, Specialist in Public Health, NCCP – Effectiveness of mass media campaigns on cancer prevention awareness and the evidence base around this
• Dr Paul Kavanagh, Public Health Advisor, HSE Tobacco Free Ireland Programme – E-cigarettes – a help or a hindrance to cancer prevention in Ireland?
• Dr Mairead O’Connor, Research Officer, National Screening Service – Cancer prevention in people with intellectual disabilities
• Panel discussion
• Networking opportunities with peers throughout the morning
This event offers a unique opportunity for health and social care professionals to increase awareness about modifiable cancer risk, keep up to date with the latest research and initiatives in the area of cancer prevention, learn about relevant services and resources and network with key stakeholders.
Register now to secure your spot as spaces are limited!
Tea/ Coffee will be available from 9.30am
There will be a light lunch served. Please contact email@example.com if you have any dietary requirements.
Frequently asked questions
What are the local car parks?
- There is no parking available at the NCCP but there are paid carparks in the Ilac Centre www.parkrite.ie/carparks/ilac-shopping-centre and Parnell Street www.parkrite.ie/carparks/parnell both of which are a few minutes’ walk from the NCCP
Is the NCCP wheelchair accessible?
How to get to the NCCP?
- Directions to the National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP) Address: King’s Inns House, 200 Parnell Street, Dublin 1 The NCCP is on the third floor of an office block on Parnell Street. The entrance to the building is between “Rick’s Hair” and “Rotana City Restaurant”